Grant range: $250 – $600
Grant application due: April 13, 2018
Grant Application: Download
Grant award announcement: May 4, 2018
Mailing address: AVCC, 89 Main Street, Suite 4, Montpelier VT 05602
Email address:firstname.lastname@example.org (AVCC Board)
- To assist local committees/groups to become Conservation Commissions
- To increase the functioning capacity of existing Conservation Commissions, and
- To provide seed money and/or matching funds for specific projects in the broad categories of land conservation, education and outreach, stewardship and management, and planning.
Eligibility for funding: To be eligible for an AVCC Tiny Grant, groups must be:
Vermont Conservation Commissions or local committees/groups that are working towards becoming a Conservation Commission and are paid members of AVCC
Other Stipulations: Groups must be a municipality or IRS certified 501(c)(3) public charity, or have fiscal sponsorship by a municipality or IRS certified 501(c)(3) public charity. Prior recipients of grants from AVCC must have completed those grants and closed them out. Grants cannot be used for general funds, dues or subscriptions.
Timetable: Applications must be submitted (or postmarked if sent by postal service) on or before April 13, 2018. Grantees will be notified of funding approval by May 4, 2018. Projects must be completed and a final report submitted by May 5, 2019. Extensions may be considered.
Evaluation Criteria for Grant Funding:
- Demonstrated need
- Evidence of matching funds and/or in-kind services
- Closely aligns with grant goals
- Project readiness
- Local support and volunteer involvement
Payment Process:The funds awarded under this grant will be available approximately a month after the awards are announced. Checks will be issued by the Vermont Community Foundation.
Grant Closeout:Grantees will be required to submit online a Conservation Success Story using the AVCC website (http://vtconservation.com/success/node/add/avcc-story), presenting evidence of grant completion with photographs, and text detailing outcomes and challenges.
Acknowledgement: If awarded, grantees should credit AVCC in any publicity.