Saturday, September 23, 2017 Common Ground Center, Starksboro, VT
Conservation into the future!
- 8:30 – 9:00am Registration
- 9:00-9:30am Welcome and Opening Remarks, AVCC elections.
- 9:30-10:30am Keynote Address– Allan Thompson, Northern Stewards Consulting and Waterbury Conservation Commission
- 10:45-11:45am Concurrent Sessions (Choose One)
- 11:45–12:45pm Lunch & exhibitor space
- 12:45pm–1:45pm Concurrent Sessions (Choose One)
- 2:00-3:00pm Concurrent Sessions (Choose One)
- 3:00-3:30pm Closing – Karen Freeman, AVCC
We’ll be offering sessions on the Economics of Conservation (Kim Royar Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department & Joe Roman University of Vermont Gund Institute)), Wetlands of VT (Zapata Courage Department of Environmental Conservation ), and a panel on youth engagement & recruitment in town commissions with youth members present to speak about their experience(Joe Colangelo, Shelburne Town manager, Kyle Bergeron, former youth member of Shelburne CC, & Asa Richardson-Skinner, youth member of Montpelier CC, Nancy Jones Bradford CC CC relationship with Oxbow Union High School)
As always we’ll include some basic CC skills – this year that will focus on CC Strategic Planning, and we’ll also offer more advanced science topic sessions like Climate Smart Conservation (Melissa Gaydos National Wildlife Federation) and on how Vermont Conservation Design incorporates climate change resilience through looking at physical landscape diversity (Liz Thompson Vermont Land Trust, Robert Zaino & Jens Hilke Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department).
We’ll also be hosting the Agency of Natural Resources’ NR2 Caring for Natural Resources Taking Action in Your Community training as an all-day offering (requiring attendance at all three concurrent sessions).