AVCC’s 2014 Annual Meeting/Conservation Summit a Success!
This energizing Nov. 1 event was a great opportunity for conservation commission members and anyone else interested in conservation in Vermont to network, be inspired, and become even more effective voices for natural resource conservation at the local level. This year’s summit, which was chock full of a range of useful workshops and panels, took place at Montpelier High School.
- The new lake shoreland protection law
- Creating or expanding a town forest
- Determining if your town is “flood ready”
- Using game cameras for wildlife conservation
- How conservation commissions can review development projects
- Success stories funded by AVCC’s Grants
Laura Hill-Eubanks, a member of the Northfield Conservation Commission did a presentation at the Summit, and thanked AVCC for our work.
“I met some wonderful people and learned so much from the speakers and from other Conservation Commissioners,” she said. “Keep up the great work!”